Preparing a property for sale
There are many things
to consider when a property is getting ready to
go on the open market. Each property is different
and may need specific attention in a particular
area but in general a fresh coat of paint, clean
floors and organization are key selling points.
These are a few things to be considered before
a property is for sale:
* Paint the
property inside and outside if necessary
* Make sure that all floors or carpeting are clean
* Take a walk around the property as if you were
the potential buyer. Adjust anything that stands
out as an eye sore or could have a negative impression.
* Make sure that all lights inside and outside
the property are working properly. It is important
to have plenty of light when showing a property.
* Check the outside grounds to make sure there
is no dead shrubbery or flowers. Trim any trees
that are in need and tidy up the overall outside
appearance of the property.
* Check windows and screens to make sure they
* Check all faucets to make sure they are not
leaking. A leaky faucet can detour a sale.
* Check all closets to make sure that there will
be no falling debris or items falling down when
the door is opened
* Always keep in mind there is never a second
chance to make a first impression
be other things that can be done to help improve
the overall showing of a property, but taking
care of these things will help it to show well
and increase the chances of a successful sale.
Contact Team Enterprise
today for more ideas on preparing your home for sale or other real estate or finance related topics.
Matt Larsen & Associates
Your Bay Area Professionals!
In Bay Area Real Estate
from the past, Working
in the present, Planning
for the future!